Letter to Parents/Guardians About Coronavirus
In view of the novel coronavirus situation in China and other parts of the world, SCIA has put in place measures to ensure staff and students remain healthy.
Starting Tuesday 28 Jan, all visitors will need to have their temperature taken upon entering the building. Anyone registering more than 37.5 degrees Celcius will need to stay away from the school. We seek your kind understanding in this and need your fullest cooperation. Abusing our frontline staff and not following our screening procedures will not be tolerated, in the interest of the students’ health and well-being.
If you and family have travelled during the Chinese New Year holidays, you will need to provide SCIA with a Travel Declaration. This is important for contact tracing when the situations warrant.
As of 27 January 2020, the following countries have been reported to be affected by this virus:
China, Australia, Malaysia, Nepal, Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, France and the United States
Please adopt the following precautions at all times:
- Avoid coming to SCIA if you have fever and flu-like symptoms even if you have not travelled to the affected countries;
- Avoid contact with live animals including poultry and birds, and consumption of raw and undercooked meats;
- Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
- Observe good personal hygiene;
- Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
- Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
- Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell.
When school starts operating on 30 January, the students will undergo temperature screening once they arrive in school. Students registering a temperature of more than 37.5 degrees Celcius need to be brought home even though they have not travelled to the affected countries. No students with fever will be allowed to mingle with the other students. Upon recovery from fever, they will be allowed to return to school.
Together with SCIA, we urge parents to promote personal hygiene with the children at home. Please ensure that the students bring with them personal hand sanitiser, masks, wet wipes and tissue for their use. They must also be taught on proper ways to dispose used tissue paper.
SCIA strives to do our very best in ensuring the health of our staff and students is not compromised. We need everyone’s assistance and cooperation.
Stay healthy and vigilant.